Accessibility Statement for Tyne Esk LEADER
Tyne Esk LEADER is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. These in part come to us via the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) No 2 Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Measures to support accessibility
Tyne Esk LEADER takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Tyne Esk LEADER:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) No 2 Accessibility Regulations 2018 dictate our website should achieve at least a Level AA standard.
Tyne Esk LEADER is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AAA
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data. In content implemented using markup languages, the purpose of User Interface Components, icons, and regions. Web content does not restrict use of input modalities available on a platform
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Tyne Esk LEADER. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Tyne Esk LEADER:
- Phone: 0131 271 3590
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 8 Lothian Rd, Dalkeith
- Postal address: EH22 3AA
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Tyne Esk LEADER is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- All common, supported browsers and website readers have been tested to ensure robust compatibility.
- Browsers that are no longer supported by the manufacturer Eg. Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and bellow are not supported.
Accessibility of Tyne Esk LEADER relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Tyne Esk LEADER, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Tyne Esk LEADER:
- External content from third party hosts may have issues; Google Maps, YouTube, & Vimeo.
- Google Maps icons and controls have no Alt tags or Labels
Tyne Esk LEADER assessed the accessibility of Tyne Esk LEADER by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- External automated tools have been used throughout the testing of the website.
An evaluation report for Tyne Esk LEADER is available at: Available on request.