Welcome to Community Led Local Development (CLLD)
Enabling business, inspiring people
Tyne & Esk Rural Communities Development Fund is part of the Scottish Government’s Community Led Local Development Rural Programme. It involves the community in a similar way to the previous LEADER Programme where decisions are made 'bottom up' by local people who form `the Local Action Group (LAG).
The overarching aim of the funding is to increase support to local rural communities, individuals and businesses advancing inclusion, equality and diversity. The eligible area covers rural East Lothian and Midlothian excluding the urban areas of Musselburgh and Dalkeith but including Wallyford and Whitecraig and Dalkeith Country Park.
- small grants for projects of different sizes and types
- support during the whole funding process, so you will never feel alone
- community representatives who ensure funding is spent wisely across the rural communities in East Lothian and Midlothian.
Do you have an idea that you feel will make a difference to people or businesses? Do you feel your idea will support your neighbourhood to grow economically?
Community Led Local Development
The Tyne & Esk LAG awarded funding to 18 Projects, totalling £147,068. These projects covered five Scottish Government themes with a range of capital and revenue expenditure. The objectives of the Tyne & Esk Rural Community Led Vision were:
- Reduce poverty – especially child and fuel
- Increase support for young people
- Increase food security
- Climate Change/Net Zero
- Covid Recovery